Thursday, July 21, 2016

Dress Comparison ( American Girl Samantha Meet Dresses.)

( disclaimer) I don't have any saved pictures of Samantha in the second generation meet outfit which she came with in 2006 so the pictures of that outfit are different than the one she originally wore and I have never owned the 3rd generation meet outfit that came out when Samantha was un-retired.



         Well, I recently lost most of my doll wardrobe so I have been starting to replace. I got the Pleasant Company Meet dress on eBay and was impressed. The shoes were realistic and made of actual leather instead of rubber. There was like no plastic really which was the best part.  Apparently the original outfit came with a hat...

                              
The only thing that is different with the first generation dress
and the second generation dress is the sizing. The pleasant company dolls
were less chubby and wore smaller dresses ( No offense Samantha!)
My favorite features are the red velvet hat and the real looking shoes.
 
 
Now for the second Generation outfit....
 
It was not as nice but ok. This is when the shoes turned from being leather to rubber : (
 
not that nice....
 
 
this is the dress my Samantha doll came in 2006
 
 
 
 
Finally..... The third generation meet outfit ( The Beforever one)
 
                                                 The irony is according to the books Samantha does not like pretty pink things and is a tomboy. This newest one is kind of cute but not as nice as the older one. Your Opinions???
 
 
 
                                                                  
                                                                           This is MY Samantha .

3 comments:

  1. Your Samantha look very nice in her outfit. It's great you found it on eBay and in such good condition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Melody. I baught Felicty and Kirsten dresses soon afterwords. I could only afford their dresses and not the auctions that contain everything that the dolls originally would come from. However Felicty's meet dress arived today. It is so much more pretty than the close to plastic dress that replaced the original one when matel baught plesant company. Kirsten never came with a dress in the first place so she is happy to finally have a dress she can call her own. We are going to the mountains and i'm thinking I will take Kirsten, Samantha, and Felicty with me in their new outfits. I will post a bit when at the mountains. and also show what all three girls look like with their dresses. You'd be surpised how much good stuff is on eBay. At the same time i've had some fails where I had to refund, like when I first baught Kirsten's table and chairs set and the table arived with broken benches.

      Delete
    2. oh yes, I found like a pre matel American Girl desk with computeron eBay for sale. The computer looks more realistic than any other i've seen before. It looks so much like the old Macintosh desktops created at the time. Overall in general this pre matel Pleasent Company stuff looks a lot more realistic. That's why I like it. As I redesign my room so it will look more like the studio apartment i want it took look like I also have plans for the renovation of my dolls home. The main issue right now is the furiniture is old and needs fixing. So once my doll house renovation is done with I will have a much nicer doll house.

      Delete